Welcome to Open Enrollment for 2022. The enrollment window is Oct 25 – Nov 5. We require all employees to log into the Employee Navigator system and complete the enrollment. We have endeavored to keep open enrollment simple and straight forward. We have made few changes for the 2022 benefit year and you will be pleasantly surprised that the health insurance rates have decreased slightly. This was accomplished by adjusting the split between the District and the employees so going forward the District will take on a larger percentage of the premium. You are encouraged to review the benefit materials found on this page, as well as contact the insurance carriers with your questions. As we are making few changes for 2022 and using the same enrollment tool as previous years, we therefore anticipate that the majority of us will be able to enroll quickly and easily. If you do encounter a problem, please let us know, and we will work diligently to resolve it.
Please be aware that the carrier’s sometimes make minor adjustments to coverage parameters from year to year. Typically, these changes the are to ensure operational efficiency and address ongoing developments in medial care standards. You are encouraged to contact the carriers directly the with any questions pertaining to coverage.
Benefit Providers -
Please view the following benefit guide for plan details and rates for the 2021 Benefit Year. When it is time to enroll you can follow the process outlined in the enrollment guide to complete the enrollment process.
Phone Number: 1-800-765-7347
PEHP is the District’s health insurance administrator. You can choose between two Plan Designs (Traditional & High Deductible), two Networks (Advantage and Summit), and whether you would like an In-Network only plan or the “Plus” plan with both in-network and out-of-network benefits.
|PEHP – High Deductible Plan (Star) SBC 2022||149.24 KB||19||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|PEHP – High Deductible Plan Plus (Star Buy-Up) SBC 2022||149.62 KB||16||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|PEHP – Traditional SBC 2022||148.23 KB||18||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|PEHP – Traditional Plus SBC 2022||150.02 KB||20||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|PEHP – Prescription Drug Coverage 2022||57.89 KB||18||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|member guide_sw_FE9C82D5||3.13 MB||12||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Expanded Preventive Drug List_Canyons||153.99 KB||11||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Cost Comparison Tool_Rx_Ad||785.29 KB||13||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|WeeCare brochure_2021_trifold||3.06 MB||9||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
Phone Number: 1-800-662-5850
EMI Health administers our Dental Options. You can select from four different Dental Options.
- Value Plan: This is a discount dental plan and is not a normal insurance plan. It provides a discount on dental services when you use an in-network dentist but you will be responsible to pay the full cost of the services. By way of analogy, it is like having a coupon for dental services.
- Advantage Copay Plan: This is the most popular dental plan the District offers. It has a good balance between coverage and cost. There is a copay associated with every dental service. See the copay schedule posted below.
- Choice PPO Plan: This preferred provider dental option has an in-network and out-of-network option. You will receive preferential pricing if you utilize the Advantage provider network. If you go out of network you will pay a larger portion of the dental expense. This dental plan has a one year waiting period for major dental.
- Choice Indemnity Classic Plan: This plan is very similar to the Choice PPO plan but provides a higher out-of-pocket maximum. This plan also has a one year waiting period for major dental.
|EMI – Value Benefit Summary – 2022||88.97 KB||14||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|EMI – Choice PPO Benefit Summary – 2022||129.69 KB||16||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|EMI – Choice Indemnity Benefit Summary – 2022||129.89 KB||13||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|EMI – Advantage Co-Pay Benefit Summary – 2022||116.07 KB||18||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Canyons School District_E-Booklet_2020||5.89 MB||249||10-21-2020||DownloadPreview|
Phone Number: 1-800-662-5850
The District provides two vision options administered by EMI Health.
- VSP Plus 10-100
- VSP Plus 10-130
For prices and coverage please see the plan information book below.
Phone Number: 1-866-451-3399
Discovery Benefits provides administration on many of the ancillary benefits offered by the District. They have prepared the following videos to help explain their services. These benefits include the following:
- HSA (Health Savings Accounts): You must be enrolled in the District’s High Deductible Health plan to enroll in this benefit. Funds are only accessible once they have been contributed. Funds contributed to an HSA are portable and are never forfeited. Please see the HSA info pages below for more information on limits and an explanation on the District’s HSA contributions.
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account): While similar to the HSA, there are some notable differences. The full election amount is available one the first day of the benefit year. The election limit is lower than the HSA and funds must be used during the plan year and grace period or they will be forfeited. Claims must be substantiated with receipts.
- Dependent Care FSA: This option is a daycare reimbursement account. You can elect this plan if you have children younger than 13 that are in daycare so that you can work.
- LFSA (Limited FSA): This plan is a supplement to an HSA. This plan operates like a regular FSA but is limited to Dental and Vision expenses only. It is intended for those who want to maximize their HSA savings. The contribution limit has been set to $1,000.
|Recurring_Dependent_Care_Request_Form_9.1.21 (1)||232.72 KB||11||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|HSA Change Form 2021||180.41 KB||130||02-08-2021||DownloadPreview|
Phone Number: 1-800-929-1492
MetLife is the administrator for the District Life and Accident Plans. The plans available through MetLife are as follows:
- BasicLife: This benefit is provided by the District free of charge to our employees. This policy provides $32,000 in basic life coverage to all contracted employees, and $3,000 in coverage for a spouse and each child under the age of 26.
- LTD (Long Term Disability): This benefit is provided by the District free of charge to contracted employees . This policy provides protection should you become disabled and unable to work. If you become disabled this policy can provide ongoing payments equivalent to 66% of your current salary.
- Voluntary Employee Life: Employees can apply for additional Life Insurance coverage for themselves. You can elect up to 5 times your annual salary or $500,000, whichever is lesser. This plan is subject to underwriter’s approval. If you apply for coverage or to increase your current coverage you must complete a Statement of Health form and the Election Change form and receive approval before the coverage takes effect.
- Voluntary Spouse life: You can elect up to 100% of your annual salary or $250,000 whichever is lesser. This plan is subject to underwriting. If you apply for this coverage or to increase your existing coverage you must complete a Statement of Health form and the Election Change form and receive approval before the coverage takes effect.
- Voluntary Child Life: You can elect to cover your legal dependents younger than 26 years of age with coverage up to $10,000. This plan is not subject to underwriting and doesn’t require any forms.
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment: This policy provides protection to you and your family if you or one of your legal dependents are killed or dismembered in an accident. You can elect for up to $500,000 in coverage. The payment of benefits is based on specific criteria as applied to the circumstances.
Please see the information sheets below for more detailed information.
|Statement of Health||319.00 KB||254||10-21-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Canyons School District – 215672 – LTD Benfit Summary||169.02 KB||243||10-14-2020||DownloadPreview|
|MyBenefits Registration Flyer_exp0722||960.95 KB||239||10-14-2020||DownloadPreview|
|MetLife Advantages Overview||197.27 KB||10||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|MetLife – Life Plan Summary||256.83 KB||10||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|MetLife – LTD Plan Summary||153.55 KB||11||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|MetLife – LTD FAQ Flyer||748.46 KB||10||10-12-2021||DownloadPreview|
|Enrollment Change Form||110.89 KB||322||10-14-2020||DownloadPreview|
|ERS FAQ_exp0821||159.15 KB||238||10-14-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Canyons School District – 215672 – LIFE Benfit Summary||197.54 KB||265||10-14-2020||DownloadPreview|
Contact: Lee Harmer
There are three supplemental group policies available through Aflac. Aflac functions differently from other insurance providers in that they don’t pay the service provider in the event there is a claim; instead they make payment to the policy holder directly and the holder uses the funds as they see fit.
The plans available through Aflac are as follows:
- Accident Insurance: This accident policy will make payment should you sustain injuries that impact your life or the life of your covered family members. Hospital admissions, broken bones and and dislocations are covered, not just death or dismemberment.
- Critical Illness: This policy covers major illnesses like cancers, heart attacks or strokes.
- Hospital Indemnity: This benefit applies to situations that require a hospital admission or confinement.
You are encouraged to review the detailed information sheets below for more information. If you have questions you are encouraged to contact Lee Harmer, the District’s Aflac representative.
|Aflac Participant Flyer||258.35 KB||252||10-19-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Aflac Letter||23.77 KB||222||10-19-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Aflac – Hospital Indemnity Brochure (1)||0.99 MB||252||10-19-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Aflac – Critical Illness Brochure (1)||526.94 KB||260||10-19-2020||DownloadPreview|
|Aflac – Accident Brochure (1)||521.23 KB||234||10-19-2020||DownloadPreview|
Blomquist Hale administers the District’s Employee Assistance Program(EAP). The EAP is a free and confidential counseling service for our employees and their families. They can assist with a wide variety of issues that include:
- Marital & Family Counseling
- Stress, Anxiety or Depression
- Personal & Emotional Challenges
- Grief or Loss
- Financial or Legal Problems
- Substance Abuse
- Senior Care Planning
This benefit is provided to all Canyons School District employees regardless of position or employee class. Enrollment is not required for this benefit.
Employees Enrollment Assistance: If you would like in person enrollment assistance, click on the button below to schedule and appointment to work with a member of the Insurance Department.