Taxes (W-4 and W-2)

W-2 Year-End Taxes

A W-2 form shows the amount of taxes withheld from your paycheck for the year and is used to file your federal and state taxes. We strongly encourage all employees to print their own W-2 forms using Skyward Employee Access

  • When will I get my W-2? W-2 forms will be available the last working day of January.
  • How do I print out my W-2? You can print your W-2 by using Skyward Employee Access. CLICK HERE for more information
  • What if I still want my W-2 printed and mailed to me? If you do not designate a preference on Skyward Employee Access, the W-2 will be mailed to you. Be sure the Human Resources department has your current address information.
  • How do I choose to receive my W-2 electronically?  You can choose to print your W-2 electronically by using Skyward Employee Access.  CLICK HERE for more information. 
  • How do I update my address so my W-2 arrives at my correct address? Please contact the HR department at 801-826-5500 for more information.  The change form is available online at Address Change Form and must be submitted to HR.

W-4 Withholding Allowance

Each employee must complete a W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. This form tells an employer the marital status, number of dependents,  other income and deductions, and any additional amount to use when deducting federal income tax from the employee’s pay. If an employee fails to complete a W-4, the employer must withhold federal income taxes from his or her wages at the highest rate; as if he or she were single.  

  • Where can I find a W-4 form? Download the W-4 Form.     
  • The IRS has issued a revised W-4 for 2020.  Are all employees required to furnish a new W-4 form to Payroll?  No. Employees who have furnished Form W-4 in any year before 2020 are not required to furnish a new form merely because of the redesign. Employers will continue to compute withholding based on the information from the employee’s most recently furnished Form W-4.
  • How can I change the amount of taxes withheld from my check? Fill out a new W-4 and submit to the payroll office by the 7th (effective for the 15th Payroll) and the 22nd (effective for the 31st Payroll).
  • Can someone help me fill out my W-4? We cannot advise you on tax matters or instruct you on filling out the form.  The IRS provides a link to a W4 tax withholding estimator that can help with this process (  You can use your results from this estimator to help you complete your W-4.  Please refer to the Internal Revenue Service ( Tax Tables  or to the Utah State Tax Commission ( or consult a tax professional with any additional questions.