Personal Leave Days:
- You can only use up to 5 accrued days per year.
- You may not take them within the first five (5) or the last five (5) days students are in school, during the first four (4) contract days prior to the first day of school or during parent/teacher conferences except under conditions outlined in the Employee Leave Policy.
- Personal Leave may only be taken the day before and/or after a holiday for reasons outlined in the Employee Leave Policy or if you apply and are accepted in the Holiday Option Lottery.
- Any days used before and/or after a holiday without the Holiday Option Lottery or an exception outlined in the Employee Leave Policy will be charged a fee of $110
- HR manages the Holiday Option Lottery. To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the 10-day lottery window.
- To view the calendar go to www.canyonsdistrict.org, then select “Human Resources” under the Employees dropdown at the top of the page. In the menu on the left side of the HR department homepage, click “Holiday Option Lottery“.
- HR will notify you of the outcome of the Lottery and will let you know whether or not you are able to use your personal day before/after a holiday without paying the $110 fee.
- If you use an Alternative Leave day you will be charged a fee of $110
- Alternative Leave may not be used during parent/teacher conferences, on a contract day prior to the first day of school, or during the first five (5) or last five (5) days of the school year.
Family Sick/Sick Days:
- All new Sick Days are accrued as Family Sick.
- Family Sick days that are not used during the year will roll over to Sick Days at the end of the year.
- If you have a medical need requiring you to miss more than five (5) consecutive days of work you need to apply for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Application forms are available on www.canyonsdistrict.org/hr.
- Sick Bank – you are automatically enrolled in the Employee Funded Sick Bank unless you submit the Employee Funded Sick Bank Opt Out Form to HR. The Sick Bank takes one Sick Day from enrolled employees and applies that day to a bank that can be accessed when additional sick time is needed. Sick bank days are requested and approved through HR. See POLICY 410.4 – EMPLOYEE LEAVE (LICENSED) for details.
- Family Sick can be used at any time for mfamily members or yourself. Any leftover at the end of the year rolls to sick time.
- Sick can be used at any time for yourself-not family members. This time comes from unused Family Sick. The District does not give Sick days, only Family Sick.
- Absence/Attendance Incentive is a District bonus paid on the last payday on July 31 when 2 or fewer absences are taken and you have worked 100% of a contract year. It is available to Teachers and ESP/Classified, but not to Admin.