Here are some common links for parents.
Community Schools are hubs of academic learning, healthy child development, and neighborhood cohesion. Together, schools and various public and private partners provide comprehensive and coordinated academic, social, mental, physical, and vocational programs/services for students, families, and the community.
Canyons Community Schools are:
Enrollment Forms are available here in Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Portuguese, Spanish, and Swahili.
Canyon’s Extended Learning Program is designed to provide quality learning and youth development activities aimed to improve the academic and wellness outcomes of students.
Housed in Title I schools, the goal of the Family Learning Centers is to provide training and resources to parents to support learning in the home. Classes are provided to help parents know how to help their students with reading and homework in all subjects, as well as how to navigate the school system and work with teachers.
Our adult education program offers classes for parents to earn a high school diploma, learn English, basic computer skills, “plazas communitarias”, parenting skills, and other content such as managing conflict, financial literacy, and nutrition.
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (Title X, Part C) supports students who may be experiencing homelessness as a result of economic hardship, foreclosure, severe medical bills, natural disaster, domestic violence or abuse. The law requires students to be immediately enrolled and for all barriers to full participation in the educational program to be removed.
Schools provide safety, stability and hope for the future through education. To support students’ regular attendance in school, funds may be used to provide assistance with clothing, transportation, health needs, and efforts to secure birth certificates, immunization and academic records, tutoring to earn or reclaim credit, free lunch, and fee waivers. The Homeless Liaison works closely with other community agencies to support students. Additional information, links, and forms can be accessed here.
Title III provides assistance to help non-native English speakers attain proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
- For additional information contact Beverly Herrmann at 801-826-5111 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Title VI is a Native American/Alaskan Native Education Program designed to support the following goals:
- Ensure academic success for indigenous students with an emphasis on high school, graduation, and post-secondary placement opportunities
- Promote Native American culture and cultural awareness in all Canyons District schools, primarily to Native students and secondarily to all other students
- Provide instruction in traditional Native American language to Native students
- For additional information contact Matthew Emerson at 801-826-5153 or email him at email@example.com
School breakfast and lunch menus can be found here.
- For additional information please contact Nutrition Services at 801-826-5381
Canyons School District uses ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text, and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number.
Interpreters or translations can be requested here.
- Interpreters are for oral requests (i.e., phone calls, in person meetings, or virtual meetings)
- Translations are for written requests (i.e., document translations)
Skyward is Canyons School District’s records management system for students and employees. Skyward Family Access can be found here.
Title I funds are federal dollars aimed at increasing the reading and math achievement of students who are economically disadvantaged or who are eligible for assistance from the McKinney-Vento Act. Title I schools use the supplemental resources to implement a school wide plan targeted toward the identified needs of the students and staff.
Information on busing can be found here.
- For additional information about Transportation contact them at 801-826-5251