Home School Registration
Utah State Law requires that you file a signed and notarized affidavit with the school district of residence to Home School your child(ren). (Utah Code 53G-6-201, 53G-6-204). To home school your child(ren), please complete and notarize the Home School Affidavit and return the form to Canyons School District Department of Planning and Enrollment.
If you will no longer be home schooling your child(ren); please complete the Home School Non-Renewal form and return it to the Canyons School District Department of Planning and Enrollment.
Canyons School District
Department of Planning and Enrollment
Attn: Tawni Brown
9361 South 300 East
Sandy, Utah 84070
- A parent must register their student for home school prior to being withdrawn from their public boundary school.
- Complete and notarize the Home School Affidavit.
- Mail or deliver to Canyons School District Office:
- Department of Planning and Enrollment, 9361 South 300 East, Sandy UT 84070
- Once the Home School Affidavit is processed by the Canyons Department of Planning & Enrollment a copy of the signed certificate of exemption will be mailed back to the parent.
- When the parent receives the copy of the processed home school affidavit in the mail, they may then take that processed copy of the home school affidavit to the boundary school to withdraw the student(s) from public school.