VoIP Desk Phones

For questions about VoIP desk phones for your school or office, please contact Tim Givan (Tim.Givan@CanyonsDistrict.org) at 801/826-5395. When you’re ready to purchase, please contact Gayle Christensen in the Purchasing Department (Gayle.Christensen@CanyonsDistrict.org).

Employee Personal Cell Phones

A government discount plan is available to every CSD employee with a current Canyons School District email address. Discount plans differ by carrier. The best way to apply this discount to your plan is to contact your carrier and let them know that you qualify for a Government Rate. From there, you can determine the discount that they provide and how you’d like to apply it to your account.

AT&T https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/iru-check-for-discount.html
Canyons employee code: State of Utah 39251

Sprint http://shop.sprint.com

T-Mobile https://validate.t-mobile.com/employee-discount

Verizon https://www.verizonwireless.com/discount-program/

District-Issued Cell Phones

It is a requirement that some District employees carry a wireless device. These devices, as well as all District-owned technology, is subject to ESP Policy 400.8 – Technology Resources: Network Acceptable Use (Employees). To review this and other District policies, please visit policy.canyonsdistrict.org. All CSD issued wireless devices must have a case and screen protector installed at all times. A case and screen protector will be provided when your device is deployed. If your device is broken and no screen protector and case is installed, you may be required to replace the device at your cost.

Frequently Asked Questions

Click on a question below to expand the topic for more information.  If you have any additional questions, please contact Liz Gibson at 801/826-5371 (liz.gibson@canyonsdistrict.org) or the Help Desk at 801/826-5544.

I’m new to the District and my Director has indicated that I need a wireless device in order to complete my job requirements. How do I obtain a District-issued wireless device?

Requests for wireless devices must come from Department Directors only, via email, to the Information Technology Department – Liz.Gibson@CanyonsDistrict.org.

I broke my Canyons device. What do I need to do?

Please notify Liz Gibson at 801/826-5371 or Liz.Gibson@CanyonsDistrict.org. She will work with you to determine the best solution for replacing your device.

Can you tell me more about our carrier and plan?

CSD is currently contracted with Verizon for its wireless service. Each line includes unlimited talk, text, and data that includes tethering (up to 10 devices). This plan includes 10 GB of on-screen high-speed data. Once you’ve used up the 10GB of high-speed data, you will only have access to slower 4G speeds until the billing cycle rolls over on the 23rd of every month.

What is tethering? How do I use my hotspot?

Find your device on this site for Verizon-specific information regarding your wireless phone, including tethering and hotspots.

I’m going on a trip out of the country and need to take my Canyons device. What do I need to know?

If you travel outside of the United States and take your CSD device, you must notify the IT Department prior to travel. Your CSD device is subject to International Plan restrictions. You may be asked to reimburse the District for any travel-related costs incurred.

I want to use my personal number on my Canyons device so that I only have to carry one phone. How do I do that?

Once your Director approves your wireless device and the port in writing, first you must log in to your Canyons CSDDocs account (for help with this, please contact the Help Desk at 801/826-5544) and complete this Google Form. Once you have submitted the form, please notify Liz Gibson at 801/826-5371 or Liz.Gibson@CanyonsDistrict.org.

[wpfd_category id=”730″]