Thank you for your interest in presenting in Canyons Schools. To apply please read and follow the instructions listed on the Assembly Presenter Application Cover Letter (found below).
Please send all completed application materials to Marie Loudon @Marie.Loudon@canyonsdistrict.org
Background Check. Apply HERE
School Administrator Information
While many principals have stated they are more comfortable just choosing off from the district approved list, principals can approve classroom presentations. You need to follow the guidance that the committee follows for approval:
- Review content of presentation and any additional materials.
- Content is age appropriate.
- Presenters are qualified for the topic they are presenting by applicable credentials (i.e. degree, professional license, educational background, qualifying experience). This is particularly true for mental health and suicide prevention presentations.
- Content is appropriate in a school setting.
- Social media review to see what a child sees if they look up the presenter.
- Content may or may not align with state educational standards but will be expected to demonstrate a significant benefit to our students in an academic, career, safety or mental supports area. Mental well-being presenters will only be approved if provided by those with credentialed experience in counseling, psychology, or therapy.
- Authors must be traditionally published by a known publisher – no self-published, religious or wanna-be authors (please read book(s) or at least excerpts to see if appropriate).
Principals do not need to turn approval form into School Performance but should keep review process notes and description for review in your files in case of questions.