- The Superintendent (or his/her designee) shall be responsible for the preparation of school calendars. These calendars shall be prepared in accordance with guidelines established by the Utah State Board of Education and shall be approved by the Board.
- The Board delegates to the Superintendent and District Administration the responsibility for the preparation and announcement of District calendars and to establish administrative regulations consistent with this policy.
Advisory Canyons District Calendar Committee - 600.04-1
- A district calendar committee will be formed to make recommendations to the administration regarding calendar preparation. Committee members will serve three-year terms which expire on a staggered basis.
- Advisory Calendar Committee: The members of the Advisory Calendar Committee will include representation from the following stakeholder groups: district and school administration, elementary and secondary licensed teachers, ESP employees groups, parents (representation from each level), and other school personnel as deemed necessary.
- The Calendar Committee will meet to recommend three school calendars to be presented to the Board of Education in the fall:
- A final calendar for the coming school year to be confirmed;
- A proposed calendar for the subsequent year with firm dates for the end of the school year for scheduling of commencement exercises; and
- A tentative calendar for the school year three years out.
- School Calendar Guidelines: The Calendar Committee will make recommendations regarding three school calendars according to calendar guidelines as approved by the Board of Education (See, Exhibit—1—Calendar Committee Guidelines).A
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.