- The Board of Education has statutory authority over all issues relating to the effective and efficient operation of the school district (Utah Code Title 53G Chapter 04). Locally elected Board of Education members should retain the right to operate the school district without undue influence or control from outside groups, individuals, organizations, associations, political parties, or special interests.
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and District Administration to develop administrative regulations consistent with this policy.
Scope of Negotiations - Policies (Licensed) - 410.1-1
- The Board of Education recognizes the need to negotiate with the recognized employee agent group on issues relating to wages, hours, and working conditions. The following policies will remain as negotiated polices for the contract year 2020-2021:
- 410.0, Scope of Negotiations (6.9.2020)
- 410.1, Scope of Negotiations – Policies (Licensed) (5.16.2017)
- 410.2, Release Time for Licensed Employee Agent Group President (8.30.2011)
- 410.3, Hours of Work (Licensed) (5.7.2019)
- 410.4, Employee Leave (Licensed) (6.9.2020)
- 410.5, Fringe Benefits (Licensed) (6.9.2020)
- 410.6, Personal Security and Safety (8.18.2018)
- 410.7, Salary Guidelines (5.7.2019)
- 410.8, Provisional Status (Licensed) (5.16.2017)
- 410.9, School Advisory Council (5.7.2019)
- 410.10, District Advisory Council (5.8.2018)
- 410.11, Concerns Complaints Grievances (8.30.2011)
- 410.12, Assignments and Transfers (5.12.2015)
- 410.13, Reduction in Force (Licensed) (6.9.2020)
- 410.14, Termination of Employment (Licensed) (8.30.2011)
- 410.15, District-Post Retirement Benefits (10.16.2007; 3.21.2006; 3.21.2006)
NOTE: Any other policies or specific aspects of certain policies where negotiation with employee groups is stipulated by state or federal law.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.