- The Board authorizes the release of the licensed employee agent group president as specified below and directs the Administration to allow such absences according to the following provisions:
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and the District Administration to establish administrative regulations consistent with this policy.
Released Time for Licensed Employee Agent Group President - 410.02-1
- The employee agent group president, when serving on a full-time or half-time basis, will be released from his/her teaching position for the equivalent amount of time. The employee agent will reimburse the District the comparable salary and benefits for such released time.
- The released time president will declare by February 1 whether it is his/her intention to return to the teaching assignment previously held. If so, at the completion of his/her term of office, the employee agent group president will be returned to the school building where previously assigned. The assignment will be in the major and/or minor field of certification. The right of return will not include reassignment of extra curricular or appointed positions previously held.
- The right of return to the same position will exist for a maximum of two (2) years. If a request is made for a second two-year period, the president will be guaranteed a return to the District in a position for which he/she is qualified. The return after four (4) years may not necessarily be in the same building which the president left.
- If appropriate, the individual(s) replacing the released-time president will be advised that the placement is for a limited term.
- Time served as released president will be counted for purposes of experience credit on the District salary schedule. The released president will accrue all sick leave, personal leave and other leave allowed by District policy.
- If the employee agent group is not serving on a full-time basis, the following provisions will apply:
- The employee agent shall be allowed up to ten (10) days per year for its president to perform employee agent business.
- The employee agent shall pay appropriate salary and benefit costs for days used up to ten (10) days.
- These ten (10) working days of release time does not include time spent on District assigned committee/task force meetings.
- For time spent on District-assigned committee/task force meetings, the employee agent group president must present a document to his/her supervisor, signed by the Superintendent, authorizing the released time.
- The normal notification procedures used for leave shall be followed.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.