- The Board shall provide transportation to and from school for students who qualify in accordance with state law. The Board delegates to the District Administration the responsibility to develop and implement transportation regulations which conform to the State Board of Education transportation policies.
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and District Administration to establish administrative regulations consistent with this policy, subject to review and approval by the Board.
Transportation Policy Administration - 300.06-1
In accordance with state and federal law, the following regulations will be followed in administering the transportation policy:
- Student in grades (K-6) living beyond one and a half (1-1/2) miles from their boundary school will be provided bus transportation.
- Students in grades (7-12) living beyond two (2) miles from their boundary school will be provided bus transportation.
- Hazardous bus routes will be determined solely by the Board after receiving recommendations from the Administration.
- The distance from home to school for transportation eligibility is determined as outlined in state law and transportation regulations.
Adopted – 8.4.2015.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.