- The Board authorizes the release of the Educational Support Professional (ESP) employee agent group president as specified below and directs the Administration to allow such absences according to the following provisions:
Released Time for ESP Employee Agent Group President - 420.2-1
- The employee agent group president, when serving on a released-time basis, will be released from his/her current assignment. The employee agent will reimburse the District the total salary and benefits of the president for such released time.
- The released time president will declare whether it is his/her intention to return to his/her assignment previously held. If so, at the completion of his/her term of office, the Association president will be returned to the school building, department or site where previously assigned.
- The right of return to the same position will exist for a maximum of two (2) years. If a request is made for an additional term of office, the president will be guaranteed a return to the District in a position for which he/she is qualified. The return after three (3) years may not necessarily be in the same building, department, or site which the president left.
- If appropriate, the individual(s) replacing the released-time president will be advised that the placement is for a limited term.
- Time served as released president will be counted for purposes of experience credit on the District salary schedule. The released president will accrue all sick leave, personal leave and other leave allowed by District policy.
- If the employee agent group president is not serving on a full-time released-time basis, the following provisions will apply:
- The employee agent shall be allowed up to ten (10) days per year for its president to perform employee agent business.
- The employee agent shall pay appropriate salary and benefit costs for days used up to ten (10).
- These ten (10).working days of release time does not include time spent on District assigned committee/task force meetings.
- For time spent on District-assigned committee/task force meetings, the employee agent group president must present a document to his/her supervisor, signed by the Superintendent, authorizing the released time.
- The normal notification procedures used for leave shall be followed.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.