- The Board of Education has statutory authority over all issues relating to the effective and efficient operation of the school district (Utah Code Title 53G Chapter 04). Locally elected Board of Education members should retain the right to operate the school district without undue influence or control from outside groups, organizations, associations, political parties, or special interests.
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and District Administration to develop administrative regulations consistent with this policy.
Scope of Negotiations-Policies (ESP) - 420.1-1
- The Board of Education recognizes the need to negotiate with employee issues relating to wages, hours, and working conditions. Effective immediately, only the following policies will remain as negotiated polices:
- 420.0, Scope of Negotiations (5.16.2017)
- 420.1, Scope of Negotiations – Policies (ESP) (4.25.2017)
- 420.2, Release Time for ESP Employee Agent Group President (6.21.2011)
- 420.3, Hours of Work Support Staff (ESP) (6.12.2007)
- 420.4, Employee Leave (ESP) (5.10.2016)
- 420.5, Fringe Benefits Support Staff (ESP) (6.12.2007)
- 420.6, Personal Security and Safety (5.10.2016)
- 420.7, Bus Scheduling and Routing (6.12.2007)
- 420.8, Concerns/Complaints/Grievances (ESP) (6.12.2007)
- 420.9, Reduction in Force (ESP) (6.21.2011)
NOTE: Any other policies or specific aspects of certain policies where negotiation with employee groups is stipulated by state or federal law.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.