Leave Allocations (Licensed)
|Family Sick Leave*|
|Personal Leave||No Max||No Max||No Max||No Max|
* Employees may use Family Sick Leave to attend to their own health care needs or the health care needs of immediate family members.
^ Any unused Family Sick Leave will be converted to accrued Sick Leave at the end of each contract year.
^ Employees may use accrued Sick Leave to attend to their own health care needs OR the health care needs of immediate family members as allowed under Use of Sick Leave for Critical Family Care section five (5).
The number of leave days allocated to an employee is determined by the employee’s hire date and the number of days remaining in the contract. The use of leave is prorated based upon the employee’s FTE and the number of days the employee works in a given week, e.g.:
- Licensed employees (.5 to 1.0 FTE) working every day request 1.0 per absence
- Part-time SLPs (.75 FTE) working four days per week request 1.25 per absence
- Part-time educators (.5 FTE) working every other day request 2.0 per absence
- Part-time educators (.5 FTE) working every day request 1.0 per absence
Employees on 186 day contracts must take leave in .5 increments
Employees on 196, 206, or 242 day contracts may take leave in .125 increments
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.