The Canyons Education Foundation is extending its pre-sale of tickets to the Broadway smash. Tickets will go on sale — again — through the Foundation on Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013 and will be offered until 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, 2013.
Prices range from $70.50 to $189.50, depending on the seat. The Foundation, the fund-raising arm of the District, is selling tickets to four nights of its July 9-Aug. 24 run at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City.
A portion of every ticket sold through the CSD Foundation will benefit Canyons students and teachers.
The Foundation is selling orchestra- and balcony-seating tickets to four nights:
How to buy tickets?
Over the phone
- Call the Canyons Education Foundation at 801-826-5171
- Credit card payments will be required for all phone orders
- Stop by the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West
- Cash, checks, and credit cards will be accepted
The Canyons Education Foundation, the fund-raising arm of the District, on Monday, Dec. 2, 2013 and Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013 surprised teachers with the joyful news that they had received 2013 Innovation Grants. The Foundation will award just one more Innovation Grant this year. The winning teacher will be notified this week in a surprise announcement.
In all, the Foundation this year is awarding nearly $90,000 to pay for creative classroom projects.
The recipients and their projects:
- Michelle Vance, Jordan Valley, $2,819, "Assessible Communication for Families"
- Joey Newman, Corner Canyon High, $3,041, "Real World Engineering Design"
- Pamela Tafili, Midvale Middle, $3,542, "Biomechanics and Beyond"
- Pamela Loveridge, Butler Middle, $4,182, “Flipped Classroom Technology”
- Richard Mellor and Jeremy Perkins, Eastmont Middle, $5,444, "Green Screen Video Production Studio"
- JoLynn Bierman, Crescent Elementary, $5,868, “iPads for Communication and Language Development”
- Clief Castleton, Hillcrest High, $6,125, “Robotics and Engineering Excellence (3D Printers)”
- Julie Page, Ridgecrest Elementary, $8,959, “Immersing Instructional Technology into Dual-Immersion
- Monica Rotermund, Brookwood Elementary, $9,000, “Chromebooks in our Classroom”
- Christiana Forbush, Midvale Middle, $9,854, "Encouraging Engagement for Everyone Electronically"
- Tawny Hawkins, Brighton High, $10,000, “Subtext for English Language Arts”
- Kelly Owen, Park Lane Elementary, $10,000, “Park Lane Interactive Learning”
Watch Dimi Macheras in action
Canyons District schools began accepting Standard Open Enrollment Applications on Monday, Dec. 2, 2013. Schools will continue to accept the applications through Friday, Feb. 21, 2014.
Students who want to attend a school other than the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries must submit these applications, which can be accessed at any CSD school or the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West.
Applications should be submitted directly to the school where the child would like to attend.
Once a school administrator approves an open-enrollment permit, the permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and the permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school.
Last year, Canyons accepted open-enrollment applications from Aug. 1-Nov. 1. This was a one-time variance to the permit process so the District could ensure proper staffing levels when Canyons schools moved to a new grade structure.
Grade reconfiguration, approved by the Canyons Board of Education in 2010 and implemented in fall 2013, moved ninth-graders into the high schools, and created middle schools of sixth through eighth grades and elementary schools of kindergarten through fifth grades.
The Canyons Board of Education has placed Corner Canyon High and Willow Springs Elementary on moratorium status. This means students who don’t live within the schools’ boundaries, if they aren’t already enrolled, won’t be allowed to enroll for the coming school year.
Questions? Please call the Canyons District Office of Planning and Enrollment at 801-826-5092.