Rules and Guidelines
Teacher and Student Success Act Framework
Advertising must be applicable to intended audience: Approval may only be given for information or activities appropriate for and directed towards the age of students attending the school(s) targeted for advertising.
Canyons does not:
- Allow paper flyers to be sent home
- Allow businesses or organizations to advertise during school hours or official events, including parent/teacher conferences
- Allow businesses to stand outside of our schools handing out flyers or promotional offers
Advertising materials cannot:
- Interfere with the District’s educational objectives
- Compete with approved District programs
- Be obscene or libelous in nature
- Be contrary to the curriculum adopted by the District
- Advertise a product or service not permitted to minors by law
- Advertise for a political purpose or to influence a ballot proposition
- Advertise fundraising activities or contests for non-school sponsored organizations
- Advertise illegal products or acts or be against health orders
- Advertise or solicit volunteers, internships or employment opportunities for outside organizations
- Advertise activities or services to students that occur during the regularly scheduled school day
- Advocate the violation of school regulations
- Discriminate against any person based on race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability or public assistance status
Advertising banners may be purchased at many Canyons schools. The cost is $300 for a 3-month time period (renewable) or $100 for a 1-month time period (non-renewable)*. Each school may decide if they have space available and a desire to have banners at their school. The Canyons Education Foundation will keep signed agreements with the schools that have chosen to allow banner advertisement at their school.
Banners Placed on Canyons Property
(excluding sports and arts venues at high schools)
- 3-month banner placement $300/location
- 1-month banner placement $100/location
*if you have a field rental, please contact Susan Edwards (801) 826-5184 for special pricing.
Field Rentals – Banner Discount
Organizations with approved Field Rental Agreements through Canyons District receive an advertising discount of 50% off regular Peachjar and banner fees. * Discounted prices are as follows:
- $50 Peachjar flyer, per school (Peachjar fee of about $30 still applies)
- Banner credit of $50 for 1 month or $150 for 3 months
Field and facility rentals are coordinated through Mishele Mitchell 801-826-5039 or visit https://rentals.canyonsdistrict.org/home.
*If your field rental is through Midvale, Cottonwood Heights, Draper or Sandy City, please provide documentation of the rental to Susan Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive this discount.
High schools have other advertising opportunities as fundraisers. Contact each school individually to learn more about:
- Venue banners
- Student directories
- Programs for performing art events
Purchasing Banner Advertising
- Please read our advertising guidelines and notes below.
- Email email@example.com to find out if the school you are interested in advertising at allows banners. Please include the name of your organization, a brief description, and how long you would like your banner to hang.
- Upon approval, fill out the banner advertising agreement.
- Pay Online; choose “Canyons Education Foundation” from the list, and then specify what you are paying for.
- Return the completed agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropoff in person at:
Canyons Education Foundation
9361 S. 300 East
Sandy, UT 84070
- The banner purchaser is responsible for creating and supplying the banner. Banners may not exceed 3’X6′ in size.
- Each banner shall contain a disclaimer stating, “This Banner is in No Way an Endorsement by Canyons School District or this School of any Services, Activities, and/or Products.”
- Banners either need to be removed by purchaser within the agreed upon time period, or can be renewed prior to the original expiration date.
- After the agreed upon time, the school will remove and dispose of the banner if the purchaser has not made contact or removed the banner. Stated removal date will be entered on the signed agreement with purchaser and returned with receipt of purchase.
- If you have additional banner questions, please contact Marie Loudon at 801-826-5115 or Susan Edwards at 801-826-5184.
- If you have a field rental in Canyons District, you may receive special pricing. Please contact Susan Edwards at 801-826-5184 for more information.