Canyons School District is committed to work with parents, family, and community in Title III programs to assist English learners and immigrant students to achieve at high levels so that all English learners can meet the same challenging State academic standards that all children are expected to meet.
- In meeting these objectives, the District will promote parent, family, and community participation in language instruction educational programs for the parents, families, and communities of English learners.
- The District will work to strengthen and increase parent, family and community engagement in programs that serve English learners, including family literacy services, and parent and family outreach and training activities to English learners.
- As the District provides community participation programs, family literary services, and parent and family outreach, the focus of these programs are to:
- To improve the English language skills of English learners; and
- To assist parents and families in helping their children to improve their academic achievement and become active participants in the education of their children.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.