The Canyons Board of Education has announced the roster of high school-age students who have been selected to serve on the Student Advisory Council, which serves as a direct line from CSD students to the policy-makers.
For the first time, the council, which advises the Board of Education on policies and procedures that could impact students, includes representatives from Canyons’ alternative high school, Diamond Ridge
The 22-member group also is made up of students from CSD’s five traditional high schools. This is the eighth year the Canyons Board of Education has empaneled such an advisory council.
As a part of the District’s emphasis on equity and inclusivity, additional minority and historically under-represented students have been invited to join the council.
The following are members of this year’s council, which will meet monthly:
- Alta: Aiyanna Ford, Sadler Jones Jorja Smith Saskia Paepke-Chile
- Brighton: Logan Oviatt, Celeste Dorantes, Israel Moeai, Esterline Wunderli
- Corner Canyon: Parker Pogue, Jake Orr, Danna Benitez, Lauren Carn
- Diamond Ridge: Martha Lopez, Riley Gillespie
- Hillcrest: Max Lepore, Maddy Nava Ayers, Henry Salinas, Laura Bush
- Jordan: Neema Delphine, Maile Afoa, Alberto Tapia, Elijah Martin