Utah law requires students to be current on their immunizations. In order to assist students in obtaining the required immunizations, Canyons School District Nursing Services, in conjunction with Community Nursing Service’s Immunization Express, will conduct two immunization clinics to assist families in obtaining the immunizations that are required by law.
- Before entering kindergarten children must show proof of receiving the following immunizations: 5 DTaP/DT, 4 polio, 2 measles, mumps, and rubella, 3 hepatitis B, 2 hepatitis A, and 1 varicella, which is commonly known as chicken pox.
- Before entering seventh grade, children must show proof of receiving a Tdap booster in addition to the immunizations required in elementary school.
There is a charge for the immunizations. If your child has health insurance, Immunization Express will collect the co-pay and bill the insurance. Immunization Express is able to bill the following insurances:
Altius Blue Cross DMBA PEHP
SelectHealth Summit Care United Health Care
If you do not have insurance, your child may qualify for the Vaccine for Children (VFC) Program. The VFC Program is a federal program that provides eligible children with all recommended vaccines at a cost of $10 per shot. Children through the age of 18 are eligible for the VFC Program if they:
- Are enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP, or
- Have no health insurance, or
- Have health insurance that does not cover immunizations (this does not include high deductibles); or
- Are an American Indian or Alaskan Native
|Eastmont MIddle School
10100 S. 1300 East
|May 13, 2010||2 – 4:30 p.m.|
|Union Middle School
615 E. 8000 South
|May 19, 2010||2 – 4:30 p.m.|
PLEASE BRING YOUR CHILD’S IMMUNIZATION RECORD TO THE CLINIC
The clinic is open to anyone needing immunizations.
An appropriate Utah Department of Health Exemption form must be completed for those children who claim exemption to immunizations for medical, religious or personal reasons.