Perform at Canyons District Night at Rio Tinto Stadium
Auditions held April 14 for National Anthem and the Carnival Stage
Students in Canyons District Schools are invited to audition to sing the National Anthem or perform on the pre-game Carnival Stage at the Real Salt Lake game on Saturday, May 1. Auditions will be Wednesday, April 14 at the Canyons Administration Building, 9150 S. 500 West, Sandy.
Check-in is 4-5 p.m. Those auditioning must present an entry form signed by themselves and a parent or guardian.
The winners will be notified by phone within one week’s time
- Open to single performers and small/large groups
Must attend a school in the Canyons School District
Must be costume- and content-appropriate
- Performers must be accompanied by a parent or adviser
Canyons Idol The winner will sing the National Anthem May 1 at the 7 p.m. game
- Students will be asked to sing the National Anthem a cappella before a panel of judges
- Winning audition tape will be posted on the Canyons District Web site
Carnival Stage Selected groups will perform at the pre-game carnival 5:30-6:45 p.m.
- Students will audition before a panel of judges
- Performances, including on/off/setup, should be no longer than 4 minutes.
- 10 individuals/groups will be selected to perform at the Carnival Stage
Tapes of the winning auditions will be posted on the Canyons District Web site.
If you are selected to perform, here are the dimensions of the stage and what will be available for you to use that night:
Stage dimensions: See diagram.
Sound system provided; includes one microphone.
Accompianment must be on an IPod, CD or MP3 Player.
- Piano available