The Canyons Association of Elementary School Principals has selected its nominees for honors in the annual recognitions program of the Utah Association of Elementary School Principals.Â
“Each year, the Canyons Association of Elementary School Principals has the opportunity to recognize the hard work and dedication of a few of our colleagues,” saysÂ Lone Peak Principal McKay Robinson, the president of the CAESP.
“The few who were selected this year have epitomized what it means to wear more hats than you can count as the instructional leaders of their buildings,” Robinson said. “I am sure I’m not alone when I express that I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with great individuals that continue to inspire me to be the absolute best principal I can be.”
Congratulations to the leaders who were chosen by the association to represent Canyons District in the state competition.
- Instructional Leader of the Year Â Ridgecrest Principal Teri Mattson
- Innovator of the Year Draper Principal Piper Riddle
- Mentor Principal of the Year Â Willow Canyon Principal Marilyn Williams
- Community Leader of the Year Â Butler Principal Christy Waddell
- Rookie of the Year Â Altara Principal Nicole Svee-MagannÂ