Canyons District’s new Superintendent is hitting the ground running.
The Canyons Board of Education is pleased to welcome Dr. Jim Briscoe to the Canyons community. Starting next week, members of the Board will host public meetings to give students, parents, employees and community partners a chance to meet and get to know Dr. Briscoe.
Members of the public are free to attend any meeting that suits their schedule.
‘MEET THE SUPERINTENDENT’ MEETING SCHEDULE
- July 8 Hillcrest High, Atrium, 7 p.m., hosted by Robert Green
- July 10 Albion Middle, Commons, 7 p.m., hosted by Nancy Tingey
- July 15 Midvale Middle, Auditorium, 7 p.m., hosted by Robert Green
- Aug. 5 Corner Canyon High, Atrium, 7 p.m., hosted by Chad Iverson
- Aug. 13 Indian Hills Middle, Media Center, 6:30 p.m., hosted by Sherril Taylor
- Sept. 4 Silver Mesa Elementary, Gymnasium, 7 p.m., hosted by Steve Wrigley
The seven-member Board voted unanimously in an April 29, 2014 meeting to approve the appointment of Dr. Briscoe, who for the past six years has served as Superintendent of Schools of the DeKalb Community Unit School District No. 428, located about 50 miles west of Chicago. The appointment, effective July 1, 2014, follows an exhaustive national search for the new superintendent.