The Canyons Board of Education voted unanimously to realign middle school boundaries and rebuild Crescent View Middle School at a Draper location.
The new boundary plan, which was created using community input on recommendations presented to the Board last spring by the Boundary Steering Committee, will better accommodate student enrollment and streamline school feeder patterns.
The Board voted to:
- Build a new Crescent View in Draper (the District owns property on 1300 East).
- Create Crescent View’s boundary as south of 12300 South; projected enrollment would be about 1,250 students.
- Align the boundaries of the new Corner Canyon High School to include all students living south of 12300 South.
- Use the current Crescent View facility for other programs, to be determined in future Board discussions.
- Extend Mount Jordan Middle School’s boundary to 12300 South; projected enrollment would be about 950 students.
- Set the Indian Hills boundary to include all of Altara, Sunrise, and a portion of Lone Peak elementary boundaries; projected enrollment would be about 1,125 students.
- Set boundaries resulting in the following projected, in-boundary enrollments: Albion, 763; Butler, 774; Eastmont, 825; Midvale, 853; and Union, 938.