Canyons District announces the appointment of new leaders at seven schools, including the selection of the inaugural principal of the new high school in Draper. The following have accepted new leadership roles in CSD schools:
- Mary Bailey, currently the Executive Director of Student Achievement-High Schools, will serve as principal of the new high school in Draper.
- Trenton Goble, currently an Executive Director of Student Achievement-Elementary, will serve as Principal at Oak Hollow Elementary.
- Ken Spurlock, currently Director of Transportation, will become Principal of Canyons Technical Education Center.
- Rebecca Dallimore will move from Oak Hollow Elementary to serve as Assistant Principal at East Midvale Elementary.
- Michelle Clark will move from Brookwood Elementary to serve as Principal at Copperview Elementary.
- Chanci Loran will move from East Midvale Elementary to serve as Assistant Principal at Copperview Elementary.
- Sharon Okumura will move from Canyon View Elementary to serve as Principal at Brookwood Elementary.
- Brent Shaw will move from Copperview Elementary to serve as Principal at Canyon View Elementary.
Bruce Young, now the staff assistant in Transportation, will assume the role as Acting Transportation Director. Scott Taggart, currently Principal at CTEC, will begin a new assignment. He will help the District oversee capital facilities projects.
“We have full confidence in these outstanding educators and their abilities,” said Canyons Superintendent David S. Doty. “We appreciate their tireless passion and dedication to the children of our District and look forward to working with them in a relentless pursuit of excellence.”