The Canyons Board of Education and Administration are pleased announce the following administrative appointments:
- Deidre Walbeck, currently serving as the Assistant Principal at Copperview Elementary, will become Principal at Oakdale Elementary. She will replace Lori Jones, who is retiring.
- Carolee Mackay, an Achievement Coach at Sandy Elementary, will become Assistant Principal at Copperview Elementary.
- Eric Gardner, the Assistant Principal at Mount Jordan Middle, will become Principal of Bella Vista Elementary. He will replace Sandra Dahl-Houlihan, who is retiring.
- Crystal Conners, an Achievement Coach at Jordan High, will become Assistant Principal at Mount Jordan Middle.
- Julie Winfree, currently Principal at Ridgecrest Elementary, will become the Principal at the new White City-area school for the Bell View and Edgemont school communities. A new Ridgecrest principal will be named at a later date.
The Board of Education approved the appointments on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. Julie Winfree will serve as the principal at Ridgecrest and the new White City-area school while it is being built. She will be involved in the design and construction of that school, but will continue to oversee Ridgecrest Elementary until the new campus is completed. All other appointments are effective for the 2020-2021 school year.