Once in a Century!!
- 9 a.m. Opening Day ceremony at Alta Lodge
- Light breakfast served
- Time capsule filled; “Dream Big” Writing Contest winners read their essays
- DUE TO SAFETY CONCERNS, THE BIKE RIDE DOWN THE CANYON HAS BEEN CANCELLED
- 12:30 12:45 p.m. Sign-changing ceremony at Hillcrest High School
- Speaker: Midvale Mayor JoAnn Seghini
- 2 3 p.m. Bus Parade starting at Canyons District Offices (Cottonwood Heights Elementary, 2415 E. 7600 South)
- Buses will take participants through four of the Canyons School District cities (Cottonwood Heights, Midvale, Sandy and Draper) map attached with approximate time in each area
- You are invited to ride on the buses with us (bring your children and grandchildren) or stand along the bus route to wave and say “Hi!”
- If you have businesses along the route, or know of people who do, please have themÂ put up a banner or a message on their marquee and come out and wave.
- Download: Bus Parade Route Map
- 3 5 p.m. Birthday cake and music at Canyons District Offices
- Public meet-and-greet with Canyons District staff
Canyons School District is Utah’s first school district to be created in almost 100 years. We are excited to serve the communities of Alta, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Midvale and Sandy. We will serve approximately 33,000 students in 44 schools.
If you have questions about any district kick-off event call 801-501-1015 or 801-501-1005 for assistance.