- The Board is supportive that each high school publish a yearbook. The Board recognizes that student involvement in the processes provides many rewarding experiences and offers enrichment.
- The Board commissions the District Administration to develop practices and procedures to ensure that each high school will be able to publish a yearbook that reflects District mission and values.
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and District Administration to establish administrative regulations consistent with this policy.
Publishing - 500.28-1
- The processes of publishing a yearbook are not to compete with, advertise for, or promote private business.
- Pictures taken by the school for the yearbook are not to be sold.
- Advertisements for commercial firms are not to be placed in yearbooks.
- Individual pictures for the yearbooks will be taken by the photographer determined by the school at no charge. Yearbook staffs may assist.
- An individual student may request to submit a substitute individual picture; however, it must meet the specifications set by each high school yearbook staff.
- The purchase price of yearbooks will be reviewed by School Performance.
- Quality, value received, and cost are to be constantly evaluated and equated.
Principal Responsibility - 500.28-2
High school principals have the responsibility of coordinating and planning the necessary processes to publish a yearbook.
- High school principals will coordinate, through the School Performance Directors, matters on a District level that pertain to yearbooks.
- Each principal will provide a faculty advisor and develop a method to choose students for the yearbook staff.
- Budgeting is the responsibility of the local principal.
- Local schools are to notify students of time schedules for the taking of individual pictures.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.