- It is the policy of the Board of Education to certify elected positions as full-time or part-time for retirement eligibility purposes in the Utah Retirement System(URS) in accordance with state law.
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and District Administration to develop administrative regulations consistent with this policy, subject to review and approval by the Board.
Definitions - 400.55-1
- Definitions for employee URS eligibility, please refer to CSD Benefit Eligibility Policies 400.20, 400.21, and 400.22.
Elected Official Tier 1 and Tier 2 Retirement Eligibility - 400.55-2
- Elected officials hired for the first time into the URS system before June 30, 2011, who meet the minimum salary requirements each month are eligible to participate in the Tier 1 retirement system.
- Full-time elected officials taking office for the first time after June 30, 2011, are restricted to participation in the URS Tier 2 Defined Contribution Plan.
- Part time employee elected officials are ineligible to participate in the Tier 2 Defined Contribution Plan.
- Canyons School District Board Members are not considered full-time elected officials.
- Utah Code §49-22-101, et seq.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.