Supportive Measures are non-disciplinary, non-punitive individualized services offered as appropriate, as reasonably available, and without fee or charge to the complainant or the respondent before or after the filing of a formal complaint or where no formal complaint has been filed. Such measures are designed to restore or preserve equal access to the District’s education program or activity without unreasonably burdening either party, including measures designed to protect the safety of all parties or the District’s educational environment, or deter sexual harassment.
Examples of Supportive Measures:
- Safety planning
- Providing safety escorts
- Implementing contact limitations (no contact orders) between the parties.
- Referral to counseling, medical, or other health services.
- Academic support, extension of deadlines, or other course-related adjustments
- Class schedule modifications, withdrawals, or a leave of absence
- Referral to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Visa and immigration assistance
- Transportation accommodations.
Supportive Measures are coordinated through the District’s Title IX Coordinator. Please contact the District’s Title IX Coordinator to coordinate Supportive Measures.
Title IX Coordinator – Jeffrey Christensen
9361 South 300 East
Sandy UT, 84070
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.