- The Board authorizes the establishment of an Educational Support Professional (ESP) District and Department Advisory Council for the purpose of communicating areas of concern by employee groups within the District and within Departmenbts.
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and District Administration to establish administrative regulations consist with this policy.
District Advisory Council (ESP) - 400.15-1
- The ESP Advisory Council shall be composed of members designated annually by the ESP employee agent leadership, the Superintendent or his/her designee, the Business Administrator, and the Human Resources Administrator for ESP’s. Other individuals may be invited to attend as deemed necessary. The chairperson will be determined annually by the Council.
- The Council shall meet at least four (4) times during the school year to discuss and study subjects mutually agreed upon relating to the school system. The Council may schedule additional meetings as deemed necessary by the committee.
- The Council is empowered to appoint ad hoc committees to study and report upon subjects agreed upon by the Council and approved by the Superintendent or his designee.
- The clerical expenses of the Council and its subcommittees shall be paid by the Board.
- Meetings of the Council shall be held at other than regular school hours. If circumstances should require that a meeting be held during school hours, committee members shall be excused from their regular duties without loss of pay.
- All items of business or recommendations coming from this Council are advisory only.
- Department Advisory Council will be formed pursuant to guidelines.
Revised – 5.18.2021. Policy – 400.15 was updated with the 2021-2022 ESP Negotiations to add Department Advisory Councils.
Adopted – 7.10.2007.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.