Yes, it’s almost time for “the talk.”
To help start discussions about health and wellness, Canyons District has developed an informational maturation-process program for fifth-grade students and their parents.
Fifth-grade boys and girls and their parents are invited to attend maturation presentations by professional speakers. We encourage parents and their fifth-grade children to attend these free events together so conversations can continue in the home.
The aim with this program, which supplants the fifth-grade maturation days that previously were held at each school, is to provide consistent, sensitive, and approved maturation instruction districtwide.
Presentation for Boys
- Thursday, Feb. 18 at Indian Hills Middle, 180 E. Sanders Road, 7-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 8 at Union Middle, 615 E. 8000 South, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 16 at Mount Jordan Middle, 9351 S. Mountaineer Lane, 7-8 p.m.
Presentation for Girls
- Wednesday, Feb. 17 at Indian Hills Middle, 180 E. Sanders Road, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 9 at Union Middle, 615 E. 8000 South, 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 17 at Mount Jordan Middle, 9351 S. Mountaineer Lane, 7-8 p.m.
Interpreters for Spanish-speakers will be available at the presentations at Mount Jordan Middle.