Honoring a proud tradition, Canyons School District bid a fond farewell to retiring colleagues at a by-invitation-only dinner banquet at the Gathering Place at Gardner Village. A record number of 77 employees are departing Canyons this year for their happily ever after. Some have devoted 40 years or more to Utah’s public school system, and many have worked for Canyons since the district’s inception in 2009. All of them have contributed to CSD’s success. “Whether you have worked in school classrooms, school front offices, school buses or school grounds, all of you have worked to help children, and help build a better tomorrow,” said Canyons Board of Education President Sherril Taylor at the event. “In all your duties, you’ve contributed to success stories that are as countless as words ever written. Our schools will continue to grow stronger all because of the power of the gifts you have shared.”
Separate retirement recognitions were held throughout the district. Please join us in expressing appreciation for the employees who are retiring in 2016 from Canyons District:
- A retirement open house for Jordan High’s Kevin Egan, Nancy Ennenga, Terri Kener and Colleen Weiler will be 2:30-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 12 in the media center at Jordan High, 95 E. Beetdigger Blvd.
- A retirement open house for Midvale Middle’s Stephanie Landon will be 3-4:30 p.m.on Wednesday, May 18 in the school’s library, 11150 South 300 East in Sandy.
- A retirement open house for Midvale Middle’s Rod Ray will be 3-4:30 p.m.on Wednesday, May 18 in the school’s library, 11150 South 300 East in Sandy.
- A retirement open house for Albion Middle librarian Marianne Bates will be 3-4 p.m. on Monday, May 23. The event will be at the school, 2755 E. Newcastle Dr.
- A retirement open house for Draper Elementary’s Diana Haggerty will be 4-5 p.m. on Thursday, May 19 in the media center at the school, 1080 E. 12660 South.
- A retirement open house for East Sandy’s Michelle Teran, Pam Worthington, Karin Bennett, and Krystine Hancock will be 3-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 26 at the school, 8295 S. 865 East.
- A retirement open house for Sunrise Elementary’s Jody Cheever will be 3:30-5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1 in the school’s media center.