What’s the measure of a career? Is it in years worked or hours paid? In decisions made, innovations sparked, and friendships forged? Or is it found in the legacy we leave, and the smiles and dreams of those who have benefitted from the fruits of our labor?
Nearly 80 Canyons District employees have made known their plans to make this school year their lastand whether they’re withdrawing from active working life to travel or to be grandparents, we want to send them off with fanfare and gratitude. Honoring a proud tradition, Canyons District is bidding a fond farewell to retiring colleagues at Open Houses held throughout the District, and a by-invitation-only banquet on Thursday, May 16. The event is being held at The Gathering Place at Gardner Village starting with a reception at 6 p.m. followed by the program at 7 p.m.
The retirees who have indicated they will be attending this year’s banquet have devoted a combined 1,558 years to Canyons and its schools, roughly the equivalent of 81,016 weeks, 567,112 days, and 13.6 million hours. But perhaps a better measure of their time with us are the memories they’ll cherish, the lives they’ve touched, and the love they’ve shared.
Please join us at Open Houses to shower love and appreciation on these amazing teachers, administrators and Education Support Professionals. To be added to the list, email the name of the retiree and the date, time and place of the Open House to email@example.com
- An Open House for Marsha Morgan and Joyce Spencer will be held Wednesday, May 15, 2:30-4:30 p.m., in the Media Center at Corner Canyon High.
- An Open House for Chyrrel Cook, Vickey Hellstrom, Chris Jensen, Carrie Pope and Rosalie Warnock will be on Wednesday, May 22, 3:15-5 p.m. at Indian Hills Middle.
- An Open House for Connie Osborne will be held on Thursday, May 23, 1:30 -3:30 p.m., in the Wasatch Room at CAB-West, 9150 S. 500 West in Sandy.
- An Open House for Renee Pay will be held Wednesday, May 29, 3-7 p.m. in the Assessment Center of the Canyons Technical Education Center.
- An Open House for Martee Hawkins will be held Wednesday, May 29, 3:30-4:30 p.m., in the Wasatch Room at CAB-West, 9150 S. 300 East.
- An Open House for Kelly Dumont will be Thursday, May 30, 3:30-5:30 p.m., in the Big Cottonwood Room of the Canyons Administration Building-West, 9150 S. 500 West
- An Open House for Rebecca (Becky) Topham and Kimille (Kim) Moreton will be Friday, May 31, 2-5 p.m., in the media center at Oakdale Elementary.
- An Open House for Colleen Eldridge and Marie Berg will be Friday, May 31, 2:30-3:30 p.m., in the media center at Bell View Elementary.