Be brave, parents. It’s time for ‘the talk.’ To help start conversations about health, wellness and the maturation process, Canyons School District has developed an informational maturation program for fifth-grade students and their parents.
Presentations conducted by professional speakers have been scheduled through the months of March and April. All presentations run from 7-8 p.m. Parents are encouraged to attend these free events with their children, and to choose which dates best fit their schedules, so that they can continue the discussion in their homes.
The aim of the program, which supplants the fifth-grade maturation days that were previously held at each individual school, is to provide consistent, sensitive and approved instruction districtwide.
Parents are advised to leave younger siblings at home.
*Midvale Middle School
- Tuesday, March 6 Boys Program featuring Jim Kelly
- Thursday, March 8 Girls Program featuring Carrie Ann Kemp
Union Middle School
- Tuesday, March 13 Girls Program featuring Carrie Ann Kemp
- Wednesday, March 14 Boys Program featuring Jim Kelly
Indian Hills Middle (currently located at Crescent View)
- Tuesday, March 27 Boys Program featuring Jim Kelly
- Thursday, March 29 Girls Program featuring Carrie Ann Kemp
Butler Middle School
- Wednesday, April 11 Girls Program featuring Carrie Ann Kemp
- Thursday, April 12 Boys Program featuring Jim Kelly
*Interpreters for Spanish-speakers will be available at the presentation at Midvale Middle