As a preventive measure, in alignment with recommendations by health authorities who are working to preempt the spread of COVID-19, we have postponed all fifth-grade Maturation Programs. We hope to be able to reschedule these events or arrange to videotape the presentations and share it with parents through a password-protected link. Once we’ve finalized our contingency plans, we’ll send an email with further instructions to all fifth-grade families.
It’s difficult to know who has more trepidation about discussing health and the maturation process, pre-teens or their parents.
But while growing up can be hard, talking about it needn’t be. To help you rock “the talk,” Canyons School District has developed an informational maturation program for fifth-grade students and their parents.
Presentations conducted by the professional speaker Carrie Ann Kemp have been scheduled through the month of March. All parents are encouraged to attend these free events with their children, and to choose which date best fits their schedules, so that they can continue the discussion in their homes.
The aim of the program is to provide consistent, sensitive and approved instruction districtwide. Parents are advised to leave younger siblings at home.
- Tuesday, March 3 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 4 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 10 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 11 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 18 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 19 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 25 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 26 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.