- Attendance Records – Current year or until audited
- Attendance Summary Report – 4 years at school. Pre-Skyward records send to records center
- Check-in Log – Current year
- Class Rolls – Pre-Skyward records send to archives for storage
- Class Schedules – 1 year
- CUM Files – 3 years after Graduation provided official transcript has been pulled and retained
- DCFS (Report of Child Abuse-Neglect Form) – Send 1 copy to Legal Services, maintain school copy in Principal’s file for 4 years.
- “Dead” files – Retain at last school of attendance until 3 years after the student would have graduated
- Discipline Files – 1 year after the student leaves the district
- Early Grad Certificate – 1 year
- Enrollment Cards – Retain until superseded
- Grade Sheets – Pre-Skyward records send to archives for storage
- Graduation Programs – Permanent 2 copies plus back-up electronic copy
- Health and Immunization Records – Graduation + 3 years or 3 years after student leaves the district
- Health Room Logs – 1 year
- Home Excuse Files (doctor/parent notes, leave forms) – Current year plus 1 year prior
- Homeschool Affidavit – Retain until superseded
- Injury Reports – 7 years or until litigation is resolved
- Literary Publications – Permanent 2 copies plus back-up electronic copy
- Locator Cards – End of school year
- Official Transcript – Stored at the high school last attended for 5 years. Send to records center to be retained for 15 years then sent to archives for permanent storage.
- Registration Records – 1 year
- Release Time Forms – 1 year
- Report Cards – Report cards older than 20 years send to archives.
- Request for Records – 1 year
- School Bulletins – Record Copy 1 year Duplicate Copies 1 day
- School Choice Permits – Paper copies until student promotes to new school, graduates, or leaves the district
- School Handbook – Permanent 2 copies plus back-up electronic copy
- School Newspapers – Permanent 2 copies plus back-up electronic copy
- Test Scores – Graduation + 3 years or 3 years after student would have graduated
- Truancy Notice Citations – 3 years
- Withdrawal Records – 1 year
- Yearbooks – Permanent 2 copies plus back-up electronic copy
* Unless noted “send to records center” or “send to archives” records may be destroyed after their allotted time.
* School administrators may choose to keep records at the schools for a longer period than designated by the district.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.