Home Instruction for special education students pursuant to an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) guidelines.
首页 使用说明 is a special education placement on the LRE continuum.
家庭和医院指导 is available to all students with temporary illnesses or injury, regardless of their disability.
Determination of Home Instruction:
- Home instruction may be necessary for a student with a disability who is unable to attend school for medical or psychological reasons.
- Determination to place a student with a disability on home instruction is made by the IEP team.
- Parent/Legal Guardian preference in considered, but not the determining factor.
- The fact that a parent/legal guardian submits a letter from a physician or other provider stating that a student requires home instruction does not preclude the IEP team from considering a less restrictive setting.
- Special Education Director or designee must be notified.
- Home instruction is not appropriate for students with disabilities whose needs can be met in a less restrictive setting.
Amount and Scope of Home Instruction:
- The amount of home instruction provided must be based on a student’s unique needs.
- Consider any physical or mental factors that may impeded the student’s instruction when determining scheduling and duration of homebound services.
- The nature of a student’s disability may limit availability for instruction.
- Be sure to consider and provide related services.
- Students with disabilities receiving home instruction have the right to participate in district-sponsored activities to the extent that they are able to do so.
Other Home Instruction Information:
- Ensure the IEP clearly details all of the services and accommodations (i.e., type, timing, and frequency) the student will receive.
- Monitor student progress.
- Work closely with parents and instructional personnel to determine if and when adjustments should be made.
- Anticipate the student’s return to school at the end of placement by making necessary modifications to the IEP to address transition issues, provision of needed medical services, and other accommodations.
- Return may be gradual, with a combination of continued home instruction services and slow reintegration into classroom.
- Ensure all student’s teachers are aware of student’s planned return and are prepared to implement the IEP.
此在线演示文稿是Canyons学区当前采用的政策手册的电子表示形式。它不反映正在进行的更新活动。官方权威手册可在位于桑迪东300 600号桑迪（South East East）的9361 South 300的总监办公室中查阅。