- The Board of Education recognizes the need to establish a policy for provisional administrative personnel. It is the policy of the Board that all administrative employees have three (3) years of provisional employment. Provisional administrative employees may be given career status upon recommendation of the Superintendent when all of the provisional status requirements outlined below are met.
Provisional Status Administrative Personnel - 400.34-1
- Administrative employees entering or returning to the system shall be placed on first year provisional status for a provisional period of three (3) years.
- Provisional administrative employees may be recommended for career status after they have:
- successfully met the criteria outlined in Policy—400.32—Evaluation of Administrative Personnel for each contract year of provisional status.
- Provisional Status Exception: Provisional administrators who have successfully performed as an administrator a minimum of three consecutive years in an accredited school/district, may be recommended for career status after they have:
- Successfully met the criteria outlined in Policy—400.32—Evaluation of Administrative Personnel;
- An employee’s provisional status may be extended an additional two (2) consecutive years at the recommendation of the employee’s supervisor and approval from the Director of Human Resources. Circumstances under which an employee’s provisional status may be extended include:
- (1) less-than-perfect score on a performance evaluation; or
- (2) receipt of complaint(s) or expression(s) of concern from a parent, District employee, student, or member of the community that creates uncertainty about the employee’s professionalism, performance, or character;
- (3) declining student enrollment in the district or in a particular program;
- (4) the discontinuance or substantial reduction of a particular service or program; or
- (5) budgetary concerns.
- Employees taking approved leave, prior to obtaining career educator status, will receive credit for the provisional time served provided the employee returns to work at the conclusion of the leave.
已修改 – 6.13.2017. Policy – 400.34 – Provisional Status Administrative Personnel was revised to to allow for a provisional status exception for administrative employees when recommended by an employee’s supervisor and approved by the Director of Human Resources.
已通过 – 5.29.2012.
此在线演示文稿是Canyons学区当前采用的政策手册的电子表示形式。它不反映正在进行的更新活动。官方权威手册可在位于桑迪东300 600号桑迪（South East East）的9361 South 300的总监办公室中查阅。