- The Board recognizes that all Canyons employees serve the public through their employment with the District.
- The Board of Education recognizes opportunities may arise for District employees to be elected or appointed to public office, either in local or state government or other school district’s boards of education.
- The Board authorizes the District Administration to develop regulations to assist District employees to perform their elected duties, subject to review and approval by the Board.
Employees in Public Office - 400.27-1
- The District Administration will endeavor to assist employees in their efforts to render public service, recognizing that employees need to provide adequate service to the District for compensation they receive.
- In situations where an employee’s contract time or duties conflict with service in public office, an employee is required to enter into an agreement with the District to establish employee expectations and contractual duties while in public office.
Employee and District Office Public Agreement - 400.27-2
- An employee will contact the District’s Business Administrator to enter into a public office agreement to address employment terms and conditions while in public office.
- The purpose of this agreement is to affirm employee expectations while serving in public office and to prevent an employee from receiving double compensation (i.e., double dipping).
- The agreement will include one of the following three options selected by the employee to address public office service conflicts with contract time or duties. 3.1 The employee may choose to use accrued personal leave or vacation leave; 3.2. request an unpaid leave of absence from Human Resources; or 3.3. request salary reimbursement.
- The agreement will also include any terms and conditions necessary to facilitate employment and public office service based on the employee’s position that may include, but are not limited to: a nondisclosure agreement; a summary of job duties and expectations; any leave or salary reimbursement provisions, and employee insurance and benefits.
- The agreement must be approved by the Superintendent, the District’s Business Administrator, and District Legal Counsel.
- An employee may appeal to the Board of Education if the employee is dissatisfied with the proposed agreement.
已通过 – 2.1.2005
此在线演示文稿是Canyons学区当前采用的政策手册的电子表示形式。它不反映正在进行的更新活动。官方权威手册可在位于桑迪东300 600号桑迪（South East East）的9361 South 300的总监办公室中查阅。