- 教育委员会致力于让学生、家长和更广泛的社区在遵守联邦和州法律及相关法规的情况下进入学校。看， 政策——400.02/500.01—非歧视.具体而言，董事会授权将学校建筑和场地用作市政中心，作为一种有限的公共形式，供学区居民根据州法律进行受监督的娱乐活动和会议。看， 犹他州法典§53G-7-209.依据 犹他州法典§53G-7-210 (1)(2)，当用作市政中心时，董事会应管理、指导和控制学校建筑和场地的使用。董事会应就使用学校设施作为市政中心收取合理的费用，以便学区不会因使用而产生任何费用。
- The Board also recognizes the need to maintain security at all school buildings and to operate each facility owned or utilized by the school district in a manner which will reasonably assure the safety of individuals participating in school district functions and activities. The Board retains the authority to close any school activity or facility or school bus to persons not specifically authorized by the Board or local principals.
- Parents, guardians, relatives and acquaintances are invited and encouraged to enter schools to participate in specific activities, meetings and appointments with teachers, school staff, and the principal.
- During school hours, a school will reasonably accommodate the request of a student’s parent to visit and observe any class their student attends, or access school premises for other reasonable accommodations, with authorization by the school principal.
- Such authorization may be withdrawn without prior notice and a parent or guardian’s continued presence after authorization has been withdrawn will be considered school trespass.
Principal Responsibilities - 300.01-4
- In accordance with federal and state statutes and local ordinances, school principals are vested with authority to limit or control access to any school facility or activity. This includes the authority of the local school principal to take reasonable steps to prohibit the transport of contraband onto the school facility or to a school activity and to restrict or prohibit access by persons who are not specifically authorized or required by law to be present in school facilities, at school activities, and on school property.
- The principal is to have an understandable knowledge of the legal basis of this regulation so that he/she may properly interpret and enforce them.
- The principal shall inform his/her staff and students of the legal basis of this regulation.
- The principal shall have the right to utilize every effort in the protection of personnel and property. He/she may, as he/she deems necessary, secure assistance from an appropriate law enforcement agency.
- The local school principal retains the discretionary authority to restrict access of school visitors to only those portions of the school reasonably associated with the purpose of the visit. Permitted access to a portion of the school does not grant access to all areas in the school.
Use of School Property and Equipment - 300.01-5
- Community use of school property will be governed by the Civic Center statute (See, 300.01-2).
- Unless properly rented, private use of school property and equipment for personal monetary gain is prohibited.
- School and District equipment shall be operated only by authorized personnel for education-related purposes under the direction of the principal.
- Authorized personal use of school equipment shall take place outside of regular contracts hours and employees shall pay for any materials at standard commercial rates.
- School and District equipment shall not be removed from the site where it is inventoried unless the item was specifically purchased for use at multiple off-campus locations.
- Transfer or loan of school equipment shall be authorized by the principal and approved by the school performance director and monitored on school inventories.
- Copying of school or District software programs for personal use is prohibited. (See, Policy 300.04—Copyright).
Administrator Responsibilities - 300.01-6
- Appropriate keys/codes for each principal, athletic director, custodian, and additional personnel approved by the principal and the School Performance Director.
- Appropriate keys/codes for each principal and custodian.
- Appropriate keys/codes for each principal, head secretary, custodian, and senior sweeper. If the school offers a breakfast program, or other local school concerns exist, the nutrition service manager shall also be issued keys/codes with the approval of the School Performance Director and Director of Facilities.
After-Hour Facility Access - 300.01-7
- All elementary and middle school employees are to be out of the school by 8:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays, except night custodial staff, unless prior arrangements are made with the principal and Alarm Response.
All high school employees are to be out of the school by midnight or 12:00 a.m., except for night custodial staff, unless prior arrangements are made with the principal and Alarm Response.
Entry into the school before or after regular hours requires a clearance call to Alarm Response.
- 2004 年修订的《残疾人教育法案》(IDEA)，20 USC §1415(b)(1); 34 CFR §300.501(a).
- 犹他州代码 §53G-7-209。使用公立学校建筑和场地作为市民中心.
- 犹他州代码 §53G-7-210。当地学校董事会和特许学校管理委员会对用作市政中心的学校建筑和场地的责任.
- 犹他州代码 §53G-8-603。侵犯学校财产的犯罪行为——罚款.
- 犹他州法典§76-9-107。未经授权进入校车 — 在校车上张贴警告.
此在线演示文稿是Canyons学区当前采用的政策手册的电子表示形式。它不反映正在进行的更新活动。官方权威手册可在位于桑迪东300 600号桑迪（South East East）的9361 South 300的总监办公室中查阅。