- Canyons School District views the District and School websites as valuable for communicating with patrons, employees, and students. School and District websites are an extension of the District and should be treated as such. Careful planning and consideration should go into the design and development of any website that represents the District.
Responsibility and Management - 700.09-1
- The District website is managed by the Office of Communications, which is responsible for posting accurate and updated information on the site. In addition, each local school will have a designated website representative who will be responsible for the school’s website and who will receive periodic training from the District Web Manager.
General Website Information - 700.09-2
- Every school is expected to have a web site that is developed and maintained in a way that communicates a professional image of the school and District. School websites and District webpages are developed using official District templates and the official District platform, and housed on District servers.
- Information posted on the District homepage must first be submitted to the Director of Communications with final authorization given by the Superintendent of Schools.
- All materials posted on District and school websites must be submitted directly from the person and/or school or department responsible for the information with proper authorization from the principal/supervisor.
- Principals and designated school website managers are responsible for the content on all school websites. Students may participate in creating or maintaining school or department websites under the direct supervision of a teacher or administrator.
- The language used on District/school websites must be grammatically correct, free of spelling errors, and appropriate, and stylistically should adhere to Canyons District’s Editorial Guide.
- Information that is dangerous, harmful, or not in harmony with Canyons School District’s guidelines, goals, or policies will not appear on District or school websites.
- Canyons School District Administration and the Office of Communications reserve the right to audit and/or adjust any materials on all District-sponsored websites.
- Every school and District website should have a visible link to the District’s website at canyonsdistrict.org.
- Web sites will be monitored frequently by the Office of Communications, local school principals and department supervisors for appropriateness, accuracy.
- Local schools will frequently monitor their websites in an effort to keep their website free of outdated files.
Safety; Student Release - 700.09-3
- Personal contact information about students, teachers, and staff members must not be published on school or District websites. Personal contact information includes home addresses, home phone numbers, personal e-mail addresses, or any other personal information that could be used by unauthorized persons to identify or make personal contact with students, teachers, or staff members.
E-Commerce; Domain Names - 700.09-4
- The Board of Education allows advertising and e-commerce on Web sites at both the District and local school level; however, such advertising must adhere to the District’s Rules and Guidelines for Advertising (See, Exhibit-1 – Rules and Guidelines for Advertising).
- The use of standardized domain names will be adopted by all elementary, middle, and high schools and will be managed by the Information Technology Department.
此在线演示文稿是Canyons学区当前采用的政策手册的电子表示形式。它不反映正在进行的更新活动。官方权威手册可在位于桑迪东300 600号桑迪（South East East）的9361 South 300的总监办公室中查阅。