- The Board of Education recognizes the value of employees to the District.
- Employee provisions regarding URS retirement and sick leave were agreed upon and forwarded to the policy committee for inclusion in District Policy.
- The Board delegates to the Superintendent to develop administrative regulations consistent with this policy, subject to review and approval by the Board.
URS and Sick Leave - 400.56-1
- Only individual or entity contributions in excess of 50% of the new building value, building re-model, or other facility will be considered for naming a facility. The Board of Education retains sole authority to name a facility.
- Recognizing gifts with plaques or other appropriate memorials: Gifts valued at $50,000 or more which are used to improve educational facilities, to provide services for students or staff, or to enhance educational programs may be recognized with a plaque or other appropriate memorial at the location where the gift is received.
- The gift must make a significant difference to the educational system.
- The gift must help achieve a goal established by the school or other educational entity.
- A school or school community council may submit to the Board a recommendation for a memorial for an individual, for a significant contribution to the educational system or community.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.