- The Board recognizes that there may be times when an employee is subpoenaed as a witness in court for District-related business in which the employee is party to litigation or is called for jury In such cases, he/she shall be paid the difference between his/her regular salary and the amount he/she is paid as a witness or juror.
- The Board authorizes the Superintendent and District Administration to develop administrative regulations consistent with this policy, subject to review and approval by the Board.
Notice and Reimbursement - 400.29-1
- Notice to the principal or immediate supervisor, together with a copy of the subpoena or notification from the court, shall be given as soon as possible after receiving such notification. If necessary, after notification to the principal or supervisor, the employee shall arrange for a substitute teacher through regular procedures.
- Time off will be documented under the heading “Jury Duty” or “Witness in Court for the District” on the Absence Record Any amount paid to the employee for service as a juror or as a witness, excluding mileage if specifically denoted on reimbursement documentation, will be deducted from the employee’s regular pay.
- This policy does not apply to an employee who is party to litigation or involved in non-District litigation.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.