- Private use of school property, facilities, and equipment for personal gain is prohibited. Schools shall refrain from competing with private enterprise except for the purpose of providing students with practical training in applied technology courses.
Community Use of School Property and Equipment - 700.06-1
- School and District equipment, including computers, copiers, FAX machines, and other technical equipment, shall be operated only by authorized personnel for education-related purposes.
- Copy machines may not be used for any volume work that is not school or District related. Employees may use District copy machines to make a maximum of five (5) copies for non-school use provided the copies are made outside of contract hours and paid for at the standard commercial rate.
- Employees shall not produce personal materials using school or district equipment without express authorization from the principal or immediate supervisor.
- All authorized personal use of equipment by employees shall take place outside of regular contract hours.
- Employees shall pay for any materials used at standard commercial rates.
- Copying District-licensed computer programs for personal use is prohibited. (Refer to Policy—300.4—Copyright). Personal use of District-owned computer peripherals to copy computer programs is also prohibited.
- School and District equipment shall not be removed from the site where it is inventoried unless the item was specifically purchased for use at multiple off-campus locations; i.e., portable computers.
- Use of items purchased for use in multiple off-campus locations shall be monitored by the school principal following strict “check-out/check-in” procedures.
- Any transfer or loan of equipment among schools shall be authorized in advance by the area assistant superintendent, monitored on school inventories, and fixed asset transfer procedures followed.
- Circulation of films, video tapes, and other instructional support materials housed in the District Instructional Media Center shall be limited to Canyons District schools and other qualifying educational organizations.
- Equipment in the District Instructional Support Center shall be used solely for the production of school and District instructional support materials.
Adopted – 5.23.1995.
This online presentation is an electronic representation of the Canyons School District’s currently adopted policy manual. It does not reflect updating activities in progress. The official, authoritative manual is available for inspection in the office of the Superintendent located at 9361 South 300 East Sandy, UT 84070.