Talking to your child about growing up doesn’t have to be difficult or awkward. To help you rock “the talk”—or start conversations about health, wellness and the maturation process—Canyons School District has developed an informational maturation program
for fifth-grade students and their parents.
Presentations conducted by professional speakers (Jim Kelly for boys, and Carrie Ann Kemp for girls) have been scheduled through the months of March and April. All parents are encouraged to attend these free events with their children, and to choose which date best fit their schedules, so that they can continue the discussion in their homes.
The aim of the program, which supplants the fifth-grade maturation days that were previously held at each individual school, is to provide consistent, sensitive and approved instruction districtwide.
Parents are advised to leave younger siblings at home. *Mount Jordan Middle
Draper Park Middle
- Tuesday, March 5 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 10 — Boys Program, 7-8 p.m.
- Thursday, April 11 — Girls Program, 7-8 p.m.
*Interpreters for Spanish-speakers will be available at the presentation at Mount Jordan Middle School.