Imagine Learning Resources
- Suggestions for Supporting Newcomers in the classroom. Some general suggestions for supporting K-12 Newcomers in the Mainstream Classroom.
- Holiday list refugee students may Celebrate. This is a list of holiday celebrations among refugees commonly settled in Salt Lake City through the International Rescue Committee (IRC).
- Welcome Survey. Get to know your student with this Welcome Survey translated into Arabic.
- First Words. A list of First Words such as Hello, Goodbye, Please, Yes and No.
- Numbers 1-12. Arabic numbers 1-12
- Q & A. Common classroom questions and responses. (i.e. How are you? Do you understand?).
- Useful Classroom Instructions. A list of common classroom instructions (i.e. Open the book. Listen.).
- Website List. A list of websites to support classroom teachers supporting Arabic speaking students.
- Problems Arabic Students have in English. An article highlighting the key differences between English and Arabic and issues Arabic speakers may have while learning English.
- Welcome Survey. Get to know your student with this Welcome Survey translated into Portuguese.
- Web Resources List. A list of websites to support classroom teachers supporting Portuguese speaking students.
- Welcome Survey Get to know your student with this Welcome Survey translated into Spanish.
- Common Spanish School Phrases & Cognates. Common classroom phrases and cognates (words that sound similar in English & Spanish). Retrieved from: http://www.colorincolorado.org/sites/default/files/ELL_Starter_Kit_for_Educators.pdf.
- Elementary Science. Elementary glossary of science terms (approximately grades 3-5).
- Math Glossary. Elementary glossary of math terms (approximately grades 3-5).
- Social Studies Glossary. Elementary glossary of social studies terms (approximately grades 3-5).
- Room Signs. Classroom labels retrieved from: http://www.environments.com/community/landing.aspx?campaignid=1998.
Elementary Menu Pictures