Comprehensive Counseling Program (CCP):
K-12 Programs strive to have every student in the state of Utah graduate from high school with the skills, knowledge and dispositions essential for success.
1. All students can succeed at high levels if given sufficient support.
2. We value diversity.
3. All students should receive a quality education for the development of the whole child.
4. All students should have access to the skills, knowledge, and dispositions provided by school counseling professionals.
5. All students should graduate with lifelong career decision making and management skills that are necessary to succeed in postsecondary education, training, and the workplace.
A school counseling program is . . .
• Comprehensive in scope
• Preventative in design
• Developmental in nature
• Student centered
• Conducted in collaboration
• Driven by data
• An integral part of the total education program