This department, which is a part of the Accounting, Auditing and Budget Services, ensures that Canyons District employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.

Payroll Main Number: 801-826-5595

Payroll - When Do I Get Paid?

Payday is the 25th of the month, unless that day falls on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday. 

Thursday, July 23, 2015
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Friday, September 25, 2015
Friday, October 23, 2015
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Monday, December 21, 2015
Monday, January 25, 2016
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Friday, March 25, 2016
Monday, April 25, 2016
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Thursday, June 23, 2016


  • How do I fill out a timesheet? pdfTimesheet Guidelines
  • When are timesheets due? Timesheets should be filled out and handed in to your school or department secretary on the last working day of the month
  • Which timesheet should I use?
  • What is my hourly rate? This information is available via Skyward Employee Access
  • What if I'm a teacher and I'm going to extra classes, seminars and workshops? Download xlsxStipend Timesheet
  • What if I'm helping with high school after-hour activities? download pdfHigh School After-Hour Activities
  • What if I'm a coach? 
    • Download xlsxStipend Timesheet
    • Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in Human Resources

Direct Deposit

District policy requires that all employees have their checks direct deposited. The employee may use the bank or credit union of their choice. We need the correct routing number and account number either from a check or a printout from the financial institution
  • What if I don’t have a bank account? Jordan Credit Union will open a new account for any district employees
  • How do I find the direct deposit form? pdfDirect Deposit Authorization Form
  • What if I want to deposit money into different accounts? You may designate up to two accounts. The secondary must be an exact dollar amount, for instance, a car payment, etc.
  • I’ve changed banks. How do I update my information with the district? All changes must be submitted to the payroll office by the 10th of the month. Fill out a new pdfDirect Deposit Authorization Form

Where do I find my Employee ID?

Your Employee ID is a six -digit number assigned to each employee displayed in Employee Access. 
  1. In your browser, go to
  2. Click on Employee Access
  3. Enter your Login ID and Password
  4. Click the Sign in button or press the Enter button
  5. Click on the Employee Information button
  6. Under Employee Information, click on Personal Information
  7. Your Employee ID is displayed under Custom Forms
  8. Click the link for Employee ID.  Your name and Employee ID will be displayed.

Skyward Employee Access Information

Skyward Employee Access is available to all employees. You’ll find your personal information, copies of paycheck stubs (earning statements), W-2 information, hourly rate and contract information (if applicable). If you’re a contracted worker, you’ll also use Employee Access to request time off. 

If you have forgotten or need help with your user name and password, CLICK HERE
  • How do I print my paycheck stubs? CLICK HERE
  • Can you mail or fax me my paycheck stub?  Skyward Employee Access
  • What is my hourly rate? CLICK HERE
  • Where can I see and print my W-2? To view or print your current W-2, or a W-2 from a prior year, go to Skyward Employee Access
  • What lane and step am I currently on? CLICK HERE
  • I’ve taken extra classes. Do I qualify for an increase? CLICK HERE
  • How do I request a day off? CLICK HERE - Time off is only available to full-time contracted employees for the following:
    • Family or sick leave should be used first.
    • Vacation can be used at any time with supervisor approval.
    • Personal leave can not be used before or after a holiday, or on the first and last five days of school

Voluntary Payroll Deduction

Employees have the option to have payroll deductions for the following:  CEA,  USEA,   403b,   EMIA,  community partners (United Way)
  • What if I want to stop having a voluntary deduction taken from my check? Contact the payroll office at 801-826-5595 and we will advise you


If a garnishment has been ordered, you will receive prior notification in the mail. These could include: student loans, tax levies, Social Security repayment child support and court-ordered deductions. We do not accept voluntary or non-court ordered garnishments.

Tax Changes (W-4)

Each employee must complete a W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. This form tells an employer the marital status, number of withholding allowances and any additional amount to use when deducting federal income tax from the employee’s pay. If an employee fails to complete a W-4, the employer must withhold federal income taxes from his or her wages at the highest rate; as if he or she were single and claiming no withholding allowances.
  • Where can I find a W-4 form? Download the pdf2015 W-4
  • How can I change the amount of taxes withheld from my check? Fill out a new W-4 and submit to the payroll office by the 10th of the month
  • Can someone help me fill out my W-4? We cannot advise you on tax matters or instruct you on filling out the form. Please refer to the Internal Revenue Service ( or to the Utah State Tax Commission ( or consult a tax professional.

Year-end Tax (W-2)

A W-2 form shows the amount of taxes withheld from your paycheck for the year and is used to file your federal and state taxes. We strongly encourage all employees to print their own W-2 forms using Skyward Employee Access
  • When will I get my W-2? W-2 forms will be available after January payday
  • How do I print out my W-2? You can print your W-2 by using Skyward Employee Access. Click HERE for more information
  • What if I still want my W-2 printed and mailed to me? If you do not designate a preference on Skyward Employee Access, the W-2 will be mailed to you. Be sure the Human Resources department has your current address information.


School Secretary Resources