To navigate the Purchasing Website, please use the directory in the upper left corner of this page. If you have questions about the site, please contact Mackenzie Coburn, Purchasing Department Webmaster, at (801)826-5353 or .
Click on the link below to find out:
2014 Year End Deadlines
Purchasing/Fixed Assets/Surplus Secretary Training 3-14
Need to order business cards?
All the information you need is in our catalog!
We have changed our Purchasing Change Order or Delete Form. Find the new form in the 'Forms' section located on the left side of the screen. Please use this form for all future changes!
To view Fixed Assets information from the 1/9/14 Principal's Meeting,
please visit the Fixed Assets web page.
- SOLE SOURCE LETTERS are now found on this site. Just look for the "Sole Sources" link found in the upper left column. Questions? Call the Purchasing Department.
- When first entering a requisition, in the main description box on the second main screen, please be sure to use only a few words and include NOUNS to describe the entire purchase in capitalized letters. This helps with quicker processing of orders and with monthly Board Reports. Thank you for your help!
The mission of the Canyons School District Purchasing Department is to:
Obtain all goods and services necessary for the students, faculty and staff in the most cost effective and efficient manner;
Provide value-added service to support student achievement consistent with the mission of the District;
Maintain a commitment to excellence through professional ethics and best business practices;
Ensure compliance with all District, state, and federal regulations;
Encourage open competition among vendors through fair negotiation and competitive bidding.
We are bound by our profession to continuously strive to seek innovative and effective processes that do not impede, but rather facilitate the acquisition process.
We can assist you by:
• Listening to your needs
• Finding the best value
• Identifying new and custom sources
• Obtaining and reviewing quotes
• Negotiating terms and conditions
• Placing orders and resolving issues
• Limiting liability and maximizing compliance
• Maintaining quality and standards
• Providing timely and value-added service