2013-2014 School Year
NEW STUDENT applications for next school year will be accepted January 2 through February 28, 2013
*** Currently enrolled tuition students will receive a letter in mid February 2013 with instructions on how to register for Fall 2013 and do not need to follow this application process.
*** If you are interested in the preschool program at Sandy Elementary or Midvale Elementary, applications will be available March 1, 2013 through the individual school or the Early Childhood Department at the District Office.
Thank you for your interest in Canyons Early Childhood Tuition Program. The purpose of this program is to integrate peer models into our classrooms for young children with disabilities. Currently we have five preschools accepting tuition students in various elementary schools across the district. Each school has both an AM and PM session. AM sessions are 8:45-11:00 a.m. and PM sessions are 11:30-1:45 p.m. Here are the locations that will be available for the 2013-2014 school year:
- Altara - 800 E 11000 S, Sandy, UT 84094
- Butler - 2700 E 7000 S, Cottonwood Hts, UT 84121
- Jordan Valley - 7501 S 1000 E Midvale, UT 84047
- Quail Hollow - 2625 E Newcastle Dr, Sandy, UT 84093
- Willow Springs - 13288 S Lone Rock Dr, Draper, UT 84020
- Classrooms combine students with and without disabilities
- Tuition Cost is $70.00/month
- Students attend 2 days per week in an AM or PM session for 2 hours 15 minutes
- Days are either a Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday
- Availablily of openings is based on a first come basis
Eligiblity requirements for this program:
- Your child must be three or four on or before September 1, 2013
- Your child should have age appropriate language and social skills
- Your child should not be eligible for special education services, including speech
- Your child must be potty-trained
- You will need to transport your child to and from class
- You must live within the Canyons School District boundaries
To submit an application, click here.
Questions? Please contact Tracy Mazur, in the Early Childhood Program, at
You will be contacted by April 1, 2013 via letter as to the status of your application. Those who have a tentative spot will receive instructions on how to confirm registration. If there is no availablity, your student will be put on a waiting list for the current school year and you may be contacted as openings arise.